This article will provide you with insights into the seamless integration of BigCommerce and JMango360, including deep backend integration, JMango360 app installation, backend store access, and some information for the validation process.
1. About BigCommerce integration
One of the core functionalities of the JMango360 offering is the in-depth and seamless integration with BigCommerce. The mobile app fetches data directly from the BigCommerce backend and interacts with BigCommerce via the API.
The following information is fetched from BigCommerce:
- Customers: Data sets related to customers, customer groups and segments, and storefront sign in
- Catalog: Data associated with product management, variants, brands, stock, bulk pricing, and more
- Carts and orders: Information on cart and order experiences
- Webhooks: The synchronization of critical events related to products and orders
The integration brings a unique set of advantages that can transform how businesses approach their online operations. Here are some key benefits that you, as a merchant, can gain from the integration with BigCommerce:
- You can manage your product information, including stock information, inventory, and customer data in one place.
- The integration eliminates the need for extensive custom coding, resulting in cost savings related to development resources and maintenance.
- It is easier for you to iterate and make updates to the app, especially if you need to respond quickly to changing market trends, update product catalogs, or introduce new features to stay competitive.
In addition, the integration is also beneficial to your customers. As the shopping session between the website and the app will be aligned, this ensures a seamless experience for customers. They can enjoy a consistent and seamless shopping journey between the website and the app.
2. Install JMango360 app
Integrating Alphonso is a powerful way to enhance your store's functionality and access valuable features. Adhere to the straightforward instructions below to seamlessly incorporate the app builder from the BigCommerce marketplace.
Step 2: In the BigCommerce backend, click Install on the app install page.
Step 3: See the app permissions, and then click Confirm.
Step 4: See a welcome message and onboarding pop-up, and click Next to proceed to an information collection slide where you are expected to provide us with some information about you and your business.
After completing the installation process, you can start your app development journey with Alphonso. To access Alphonso, in your BigCommerce backend, navigate to Apps > My Apps > JMango360 Mobile.
3. Provide BigCommerce backend access
Your website's backend access is required in order for us to do your app's integration. Please provide us with access to some administration areas of your website backend. Please be well noted that we require NO access to anything related to the sales of your website. While testing the app, we assume that our test orders work well once we receive order confirmation emails.
Note. To correctly configure the checkout, we will install a script in your BigCommerce Backend. After completing an app order, you want your app user to maintain their account in the app. In the case of the web checkout, which we configure for all apps either as the default checkout or a fallback from a native checkout, we need to add a script to the BigCommerce backend to support this. This permission is captured in the settings below.
Step 1: In the BigCommerce Control Panel, go to Account Settings > Users, then click Create a User Account.
Step 3: In Permissions section, select Custom as a User Role, then grant administrative permissions as follows:
- Sales Staff Permissions: Manage Returns | Manage Customers | Manage Reviews | Edit Reviews | Manage Coupons | Edit Coupons | Manage Promotions | Edit Promotions | Manage Channel | Manage Gift Certificates
- Sales Manager Permissions: Manage Products | Edit Products | Manage Options | Manager Categories | Edit Categories | Manage Brands | Edit Brands | Order Statistics | Search Statistics | Manage Abandoned Cart | Manage Price Lists| Product Options | Product Statistics
- System Admin Permissions: Manage Form Fields | Manage Settings | Manage Payments | Manage Shipping | Manage Tax Settings | Customize Order Statuses | Use Script Manager | Manage Cart Setting
- Single Click Apps: Select All
Step 4: Click Save at the bottom right corner. Within minutes of creating the account, JMango360 will receive an email asking us to confirm our email address and create a password.
4. Other requirements
4.1 Share coupon codes
Coupon codes are needed for checkout process and testing purposes during the app development process, so you are expected to provide us with your coupon codes. With the coupon codes shared, we can conduct thorough testing and verification of the coupon-related features and ensure that the coupon codes are functioning correctly and delivering the intended outcomes.
Step 1: In the BigCommerce backend, create a coupon code for 20% discount.
4.2 Share information about customer group
If you’re using customer groups in BigCommerce and want to have this supported in the app we need to have information about the user group logic and access to each user group to complete our analysis and testing processes.
Step 1: Confirm if you’re using Customer Groups. If yes, share information about your user groups, logic and rules.
Step 2: Use the following email addresses to add JMango360 to each user group: