In our app builder's settings, you can manage the app’s settings, allowing you to control and define your users’ journey. Here are the important settings you can find in the Settings section:
- App name and app icon
- Hide price for guest
- Allow guest checkout
- Account deletion
- App-exclusive coupon code
1. App name and app icon
You can change the app name and app icon in Alphonso by simply entering a new name and uploading a different icon that you wish to display in Alphonso. This can be useful to distinguish between apps if you have multiple languages or have a staging app.
Please note that the app name and app icon in this section are not related to the app name in the App Stores. The app name and app icon displayed in the App Stores can be managed in the App Listing section.
2. Hide price for Guest
With the Hide Price for Guest setting, you can control access to product prices and checkout options for guests and not-logged-in users. Your decision to show or hide prices for guests depends on your business policy.
- By default, the setting is disabled, which means all users can see the product prices.
- If enabled, guest and not-logged-in users are not allowed to see the product price and check out their order. A login banner will appear on the home screen, and you can modify the banner’s title, description, and text. When users tap the banner, they will be taken to the login screen, and prices become visible only after logging in.
3. Allow guest checkout
This setting allows you to enable guest checkout in your app, meaning that guest users can make purchases without the need to create an account or log in. Depending on your business policy, you can decide whether or not to allow guest checkout.
- By default, guest checkout is enabled. Users can check out as guests.
- If the setting is disabled, not-logged-in users will be required to sign in to their accounts to complete the checkout process.
4. Account deletion
This is a mandatory feature in the App Stores due to the policies of Apple and Google. These policies state that apps submitted to these two stores that enable users to create accounts must also let them delete their accounts.
Actions for you
You are required to enter an email address in the account deletion field in the section. By default, the owner's email is pre-filled, but you can change it to another email address for receiving user account deletion requests.
When users fill out the account deletion form in the app, an email will be sent to the email you provided in this section. You must then delete the account in your e-commerce backend to complete the process. Below is the email sample:
Please note that with this setting, you can receive your users’ account deletion requests; however, approval depends on your policy. You should include detailed information on account deletion on your app's policy information page to help users understand the procedures.
Actions for users
App users can send an account deletion request by going to the My Account screen and selecting Settings > Delete Account. Afterward, they need to complete a form.
Once completing the above steps on the app, users will be automatically logged out. Simultaneously, an email will be sent to the email address you provided.
5. App-exclusive coupon code
App exclusive coupon code is a unique discount offer available only within a mobile app. Offering exclusive app discounts is a great way to encourage users to engage with the app. An app-exclusive coupon code can be effectively used when you want to offer a one-time app-exclusive welcome discount for the first order in the app.
Follow the steps below to create an app-exclusive coupon code.
Step 1: Create a coupon code in Alphonso
- Enter a code in the App-exclusive coupon code field. Alphonso will then generate a unique random code, displaying it in the Auto-generated code field.
Note: When creating an app-exclusive coupon code, remember the limit is 30 characters, and you can use letters, numbers, hyphens, and underscores.
- Click Save to save changes.
Step 2: Create a corresponding coupon code in the BigCommerce backend.
- Use the auto-generated code generated in Step 1 to set up the coupon in your BigCommerce backend.
- Fill out the other required details for the code, then click Save.
Note: To ensure the validity of the code, you need to keep the coupon code in the BigCommerce backend updated after making any changes to the app- exclusive code and auto-generated code in Alphonso.
After completing the required setup for the app-exclusive coupon code in the BigCommerce backend, users can apply the app-exclusive coupon code within the app.